As you can see I am totally going bonkers over chocolate and I cant stop baking. These Bikkies are really sinful and very heavy. If you eat a piece you’ll feel like you have been consumed by chocolate. Anyway, it started off with my hubby going away to office on a Saturday afternoon. Baby and I were wondering what to do since neither of us was feeling sleepy. As usual the solution was to bake a cake. I always ask her before starting “Mummy Cikki bana le?” where ‘Cikki’ is what stands for cake in her language. I usually get a yes for an answer. Then she takes her position on the kitchen platform and I get whisking!
By the time the Brownie Biscuit batter was ready baby became increasingly restless. She wanted to eat the dough straight out of the can. I kept trying to explain to her that this needs to go into the oven but she insisted. Then I tried to satisfy her chocolate craving with some toffees that were lying around in the kitchen. Again she went “Cikkkiiiiii” and then I knew I had to act fast. I Quickly threw the batter on the tray and just shoved it into the oven. Took her to bed and she slept peacefully. When I took the Cikki out of the oven I didnt like the shape. Naturally, given the pressure under which I put it in I had no time to do it properly. So I decided to use a cookie cutter to make the brownie bikkies look attractive.
Please note that this recipe of brownie biscuit gives a texture thats between the traditional brownie and the usual cookies. It uses more flour and less egg compared to Brownies. You can modify it as per the texture you want. If you like it more chewy take 2 eggs and lesser flour. Enjoy homemade brownie biscuits with hot chocolate sauce. If you want the sauce quick just heat chocolate syrup with butter.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- Beat butter and both sugars till mixture becomes creamy.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and soda together.
- Add an egg into the butter mix and beat the mix.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the batter and mix well.
- Mix in a few drops of vanilla essence to the batter.
- Grease and dust a tray. Pour cake mix into the tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200 Deg C for 10 – 15 mins (take care not to burn!). Leave enough space between the biscuits while placing them on the oven sheet as they double up once they are done.