This is the result of a banana going very ripe. I remember the last time I had a banana like this. It became an ice cream. However, this time around its too cold to consider making one so I decided to use it up in making an eggless cake. I’ve added dry fruits like cashews, almonds and walnuts along with one fresh fruit – a ripe banana. This cake doesnt need much beating. Its just like making a banana milk shake , mixing a few ingredients and baking it. Since all the ingredients like dry fruits, all purpose flour, banana and sugar are white, so is the resultant cake.
Hope you all are having a great Republic Day. My daughter wore a tri-color dress and attended a flag hoisting in her school. I, on the other hand went to the market and did the regular house chores. Where is the freedom from that? House work knows no National Holidays. Why cant we have some days when its against the law to work in the house?
- 1 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- 1.5 tablespoons of chopped Dry Fruits – Cashews, Almonds, walnuts
- 1 cup Milk
- Few drops of Vanilla essence
- Puree banana along with sugar, vanilla essence and milk in a blender.
- Sift together the maida with Baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix the dry sifted powder into the banana puree. Ensure dropping consistency (add more milk if necessary)
- Toss the dry fruits in a teaspoon of maida and mix into the cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 deg C for about 30 mins.
Half the cashews. Rub some maida on them. Place them on top of the cake before putting it in for baking.