White Pumpkin Curry
- 10 medium sized pieces of white pumpkin
- 3 small red chilly flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Few pieces of fresh coconut
- 3 tablespoons of raw rice
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Rai (Big)
- Curry leaves
- 1 cup curds
- Grind coconut, red chillies and raw rice in the blender with some water.
- Boil the pumpkin pieces in a vessel with 4 cups of water and haldi powder till the water quantity reduces to half.
- Once pumpkins are done add the coconut paste and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let pumpkins cool. Add curds and stir well.
- Heat coconut oil and add rai, curry leaves for the tempering. Mix this into the pumpkin curry.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with plain rice.
Please NOTE :
Adding curds to the curry when its hot can make it split. In this curry, we don’t want that to happen. You can heat the curry once its completely done and serve hot with rice.