Tangy Mixed Vegetable Curry (Sindhi Kadhi)
This hot and sour vegetable curry is a rare combination of being delicious, nutritious and easy to make, all at the same time. Excellent to be eaten on those cold wintry days when you want something hot without having to wait too much to get it. This is commonly known as ‘Sindhi kadhi’. Unlike other ‘Kadhis’ this does not have curd in it.
- 5 Beans
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Drumstick
- 5 Cauliflower florets
- 1 Potato
- 1 Tablespoon Gram Flour
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 red chillies
- Pinch of hing
- Few curry leaves
- 1 cup tamarind juice
- Pinch of Turmeric/Haldi powder
- Chop carrot, beans, potato and drumsticks into finger like pieces.
- Mix the gram flour into tamarind juice and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds, red chillies, hing and curry leaves. Mix in beans, carrot, drumsticks, cauliflower florets and potato pieces.
- Finally add tamarind paste and turmeric powder. Close the cooker and allow it to whistle twice (ensure it doesnt get mashed).
- Once done, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with plain rice.