Moong Moth Salad
Salads are the healthiest way to consume our veggies and what can add more to the nutrition than sprouts. This salad is a crunchy munchy hi-protein dish which keeps you feeling full for longer. Yes, calorie conscious people can stop binging in-between meals with the help of this dish. As for others, its just another treat for the taste buds.
- Salt, Black Salt (to taste)
- Juice of one fresh lime
- Pinch of Black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup soaked moong dal
- 1/2 cup soaked masoor dal
- 1/2 cup grated carrot (preferably both red and orange)
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons each of the following vegetables (finely chopped)
- Spring onions
- Soak moong and moth dal separately overnight.
- In the morning strain out the water and let it stand for a day or so, till it sprouts.
- Mix in the finely chopped vegetables. Add White and Black salt, pepper powder, lime juice and mix well.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve chill.
Please NOTE :
Once soaked you need to drain the water out of the sprouts, otherwise it can start smelling of stagnant water.