Baby potatoes are much tastier than their adult counterparts. When coupled with some spicy, tangy ingredients they can render a very classic taste. Spicy potatoes, can either be had like a side dish or can be served like a chaat.
- 10 baby potatoes
- 1 cup pudina leaves
- 1 green chilly
- A small piece of ginger
- 2 teaspoon dhania seeds
- 1 teaspoon jeera seeds
- Pinch of white salt, black salt and black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves to garnish
- Grind the following ingredients into a paste :
- Pudina leaves
- Green Chilly
- Ginger piece
- Dry roast jeera and dhania seeds. Crush them into a powder.
- Boil baby potatoes. Cool and peel off their skin.
- Heat oil. Add pudina paste and saute. Now add the boiled baby potatoes and mix well.
- Add the roasted jeera-dhania powder, black pepper, black salt and salt. Stir till masala coats the potatoes.
- Now turn off the heat and squeeze some lime juice on the potatoes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Please NOTE :
Its important to allow boiled potatoes to cool off naturally. If you place them under running water they tend to get soggy.