Alu Methi Kadhi
There is a sweet history behind this recipe. It dates back to Feb, 2005 . One fine night when I walked into the kitchen there was nothing but a cup of curds and some methi leaves in the fridge. Potatoes are usually always there at home and I needed a curry that goes with rice. Thats how alu methi kadhi was created. Now its my husband’s favorite dish and is made regularly at home.
- 1 cup curd
- 3 tablespoons besan
- 1 large potato
- 2 cups methi leaves (stems removed well)
- 1 teaspoon Rai (Big)
- Few Red Chilly flakes
- 2-3 teaspoons of vinegar
- Pinch of Hing
- Pinch of haldi powder
- Few curry leaves
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Boil Potatoes and chopped Methi leaves. You can microwave them in water for 10 minutes to speed up the process.
- Blend the following ingredients in a mixie jar with 2-3 cups of water:
- Heat oil. Add rai, red chilly flakes, curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Now add the curd mixture and let it boil till the raw smell of besan goes away.
- Strain the potatoes and methi leaves and mix them into the curry. Bring to boil.
- Once done, add vinegar and turn off the heat. Garnish with finely chopped Coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with plain rice.