On a diet? Ever felt yourself reaching out for a sinful bite of delicious pakodas? Well, then this is an answer to what will satisfy your taste buds and keep a check on the calorie meter. Its a healthy snack which is not only nutritious but also keeps you full for longer. Try it for kids who like deep fried junk food. Don’t forget to give it a tastier name before you present it to them 🙂
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 cup whole green moong dal
- 2 teaspoons of Besan
- 2 teaspoons of Pudina chutney
- Soak moong dal overnight.
- Grind it into a paste with water, besan and pudina chutney. Since chutney already contains salt you might need to taste and add more salt accordingly.
- Make bread cubes. Dip each cube into the dal batter and toast on a hot greased pan.
- Once done on both sides, serve hot with tomato ketchup.