Spring Onion Toasts
Herbs and Spring onions add flavor to this dish which is a cousin of the famous French Toast. Herb powders are readily available in most grocery stores these days. If you dont find them, not to worry. Use your old packet of Pizza seasoning that has been lying in your fridge since your last Pizza Party. Go on, experiment with this yummy breakfast….
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of bread
- Mixture of powdered Herbs
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped spring onions
- Salt to taste
- Beat eggs with salt.
- Place 2 slices of bread, one on top of the other and chop it into 4 equal squares.
- Dip each cube into the egg batter and toast on a hot greased pan.
- Sprinkle some herbs, black pepper and finely chopped spring onions on the upper surface.
- After few minutes, turn over the bread cube and cook on the reverse side.
- Serve hot Spring onion toasts with tomato ketchup.