Stuffed Vegetable Patties
- 1/4 cup finely chopped beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup peas
- 3 potatoes
- Small piece of ginger (grated)
- 1 finely chopped green chilly
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Few tablespoons of rice flour
For the stuffing :
- Finely chop beans, carrot, onion (optional). Mix in peas.
- Heat oil. Add veggies, salt and pepper. Cook till done.
For the cutlet :
- Boil potatoes. Cool and mash well. To this add ginger, green chillies, jeera powder and salt. Knead well into a smooth dough.
- Make equal sized patties of the potato dough and stuff in the vegetable mixture.
- Keep the cutlets in the fridge for about 2 hours or more so that the potato dries up.
- Once you take it out of the fridge keep aside for 30 minutes so it can reach room temperature.
- Heat oil well. Dust the patties in rice flour and deep fry.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or Spring onion chutney.
Please NOTE :
- When you take patties out of the fridge you need to let them reach room temperature before frying, else the temperature mis-match can cause them to split and scatter.
- Temperature control of oil is essential in this snack. Fry patties in hot oil. Dont fry more than 2-3 at a time else the oil will go cold.
- Once you take them out, allow the oil to heat up again before frying more patties.