This is one tasty and filling curry that can be had with anything right from samosas, tikkis and chaats to meals with rotis and rice. I usually make this when I have guests over.
Although you get chole in most restaurants today there is nothing to beat the taste that you get at home. Once you finish making it enter your kitchen after an hour and you can catch the aroma still lingering around.
- 1 cup of Chole
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 10 garlic cloves
- A small piece of ginger
- 1 green chilly
- A small piece of Dal chini
- Few pieces of Laung
- Few pieces of Choti elaichi
- 2 teaspoons of dhania powder
- 1 teaspoon of haldi powder
- Soak chole overnight. Boil and cook well with about 4-5 whistles.
- Grind onions , Ginger-garlic-green chillies, Tomatoes, each separately.
- Roast Dal chini, Laung, Choti elaichi and grind in mortar pestle.
- Heat oil. Fry onion paste. When little more than half cooked add Ginger-garlic-green chillies paste and cook till brown. Add haldi powder, dhania powder, salt and cook for few more minutes.
- Now add tomato paste and continue to cook till paste leaves fat from the sides.
- Finally add the roasted ground masala and cook well. Add chole and cook till the curry comes together.