With every single paani puri you can experience an explosion of flavors in your mouth. Freshly made minty water is something people like to drink like a mocktail. Its not only tasty but also helps in overall digestion just like jal jeera.
- 1 cup Pudina leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Black salt
- 1/2 teaspoon White salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted jeera powder
- 1 lemon sized ball of tamarind
- 10 puris
- 1 aloo
- Handful chole (or whole green moong dal)
For the masala
- Boil potatoes and cut into tiny cubes.
- Soak channa (or moong dal) overnight. Boil them till they are soft.
- Dry roast jeera seeds. Once brown, grind in a mortar pestle.
- Mix channa and potatoes with some roasted jeera powder, salt and chaat masala (optional)
For the paani
- Soak tamarind in some water and let it swell.
- Wash pudina leaves well and puree it in a mixie jar.
- Once puree is ready, strain it and add roasted jeera powder, black salt, white salt, red chilly powder, sugar and tamarind water.
- Now add some plain water and taste the mix. You might need to add more salt or chilly depending on the final taste.
- Make a hole on the face of the puri. Fill it with the aloo masala made earlier and serve with Pudina Chutney, Tamarind chutney and paani.
- When you are ready to eat, take the puri add both chutneys in desired quantities and dip it in the paani.