Crunchy Bitter Gourd
This is a simple recipe to enhance the taste of bitter gourd. Please try to use baby bitter gourds for this recipe.
- 5 baby bitter gourds
- Pinch of Haldi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mirchi powder
- 1 teaspoon Dhania powder
- Pinch of hing
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Peal the skin of the bitter gourd to the extend you like. Slit and de seed the gourd, rub salt on the insides and let it rest for a few hours. In case you are using baby gourds then you need not marinate it for that long as they wont be very bitter.
- Wash away the bitter saline water. Cut the gourd into semi-circular slices.
- Heat oil and shallow fry the gourd slices.
- Once done, take out the slices and in the remaining oil add haldi powder, mirch powder, dhania powder and hing. Stir for a minute and mix in the fried gourd pieces.
- Mix well, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.