Snake Gourd Fry
This is by nature one of the tastier gourds as compared to bottle gourd, bitter gourd and its other gourd counterparts. The natural taste of this vegetable is the best and hence it should not contain too many spices. Here is a simple recipe which gives you a delicious Snake Gourd sabzi.
- 2 long, slim snake gourds
- 1 teaspoon rai
- 1 teaspoon jeera
- Pinch of Haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon dhania powder
- Pinch of hing
- Few curry leaves
- 1 green chilly
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon curds (optional)
- Peal away the skin of the gourd well. Cut it into small cubes.
- Heat oil. Add rai, jeera, curry leaves, slit green chilly and hing.
- Add gourd cubes, haldi powder, dhania powder, salt and stir well. Cover and cook till done.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Once the sabzi is cool add a tablespoon of curds to get a delicious, semi-gravy dish to go with rice/rotis’.