Stuffed Baby Brinjals
This is sabzi where baby brinjals are cooked with bharva or tawa masala. Of all the tava vegetables, Brinjals taste the best.
Even people who usually dont eat brinjals go for at least a couple of pieces. For one, the dressing completely complements its regular taste.
- 6 baby brinjals
- 3 tablespoons of Tawa masala
- 1 teaspoon of Amchur powder
- 2 onions
- 2 teaspoons of ginger-garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil (Phew!)
- 1 teaspoon dhania powder
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi powder
- Make a cross – shaped incision on the head of the brinjals.
- Stuff brinjals with Tawa masala using a knife.
- Heat oil. Fry onions till they turn glossy. Add ginger-garlic paste and continue to saute.
- Now add dhania powder, haldi powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Gently drop in the baby brinjals into the masala.
- Cover and cook until brinjals are done.
- In the above recipe sometimes we skip adding amchur powder to the brinjals and instead fry tomatoes with onions in Step (3). This gives a slight change in taste.
- This dish can be made in exactly the same way with baby potatoes
Please NOTE :
- Taste your tawa masala and check if it contains salt. In case it its without salt, please add some before stuffing the brinjals.
- At home we usually prefer low-oil cooking. So when we make this dish instead of frying the brinjals in too much oil we add 1/2 glass of water and pressure cook them. This is done in Step (6).