- Chocolate sponge cake 100 grams
- Plain sponge cake 100 grams
- 1.5 tablespoons Chocolate sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon mixed fruit jam
- 1 tablespoon roasted Almond/ Cashew nut powder
- Fresh Cream (optional)
- Crumble chocolate sponge in a mixing bowl. Mix chocolate sauce and jam into it.
- On clingfree side of a cling wrap spread out the choco mixture.
- Mix plain sponge cake with orange juice and spread over the chocolate layer.
- Finally make a layer of dry fruits.
- Pull up one side of the cling wrap so as to roll the mixture into a log. Set in a fridge for a few hrs.
- Now you can make lines on the log using cream in a piping bag or you can dip your fork into Choco sauce and make lines on the log to resemble the bark of a tree. Cut the edges diagonally and serve yummy choco logs.
Please NOTE :
- You can prick the log with toothpicks before cutting to prevent them from bulging and breaking from the sides.
- If you use cream to make the lines on the log please add sugar and some cocoa powder to it so that the taste of cream blends well with the rest of the log.