Mixed Vegetable Soup
Soup is a safe drink to keep the stomach healthy and can be given almost every day to the baby. When babies start taking in new and different types of food they sometimes get constipated. Mixed vegetable soup is a way of giving babies some relief from this problem.
Carrot gives this soup sweetness while cabbage makes it mildly saline owing to its natural salts. Pudina leaves give it a minty flavor which serves as a welcome change to the developing taste buds.
- 2 teaspoons of yellow moong dal
- Few pieces of lauki, carrot, cabbage and pudina leaves
- Mix moong dal with lauki, carrot, cabbage and pudina leaves.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook till dal and veggies are done.
- Now strain this using a juice strainer. The amount of roughage to keep or leave in the strainer is upto you. You can make the soup as thick as your baby likes.