Sweet Dumplings (Gulgule)
I just love to have Gulgule when its being freshly prepared. This is not a dish that tastes good even one hour later, so be ready!
Well, we cant give it hot to the baby so let it cool off slightly but please don’t go for a re-heat.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- less than 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 banana (Big one)
- Elaichi powder
- Jaggery (upto taste)
- Roasted Kaju, Badam powder
- Make a paste of flour with milk.
- Mix in jaggery, mashed banana, dry fruits powder and elaichi powder.
- Fry this batter in hot oil into tiny dumplings.
Please NOTE :
- Do not fry more than 5-6 at a time. Let oil heat up again before you fry the next set.
- If batter consistency is unmanageable add more flour.
- We use less than 1/2 cup flour because we are adding mashed banana. If you don’t add banana, increase the quantity of milk by a few teaspoons.