These sandwiches are easy to make and yet unique in their appearance. Try it in the next birthday party you throw for your kid.
- 1 loaf of freshly baked bread
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cucumber cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon Pudina chutney
- Buy a freshly baked loaf of bread from the bakery and ask the baker to give it to you by making 2 horizontal cuts along the width.
- Now you have 3 long, horizontal slices of bread.
- Puree tomatoes and strain away the water.
- Mix salt and butter with the strained tomato pulp. Apply this mixture on the first cut.
- Apply pudina chutney on the second layer and arrange finely sliced cucumbers on it.
- Place back the top slice of the bread and wrap this loaf of bread in a cling wrap.
- After an hour remove the clingwrap and cut out thick slices of the bread (just as you usually have in breads, only thicker).
- If possible, please try to use a loaf of brown bread to top up the nutrition value.
- You can try using spring onion chutney instead of pudina chutney for a twist in taste