Back in my dieting days I used to eat Vegetable Dalia everyday for dinner. Well, dalia or broken wheat is an extremely nutritious cereal. Its high is fiber and helps relieve you from constipation and other stomach disorders.
This can be given to the baby about once a week to ensure a happy stomach. Adults can have this everyday for lunch/dinner in order to shed some excess weight. Read here for more details on that.
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 3 tablespoons dalia (broken wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tomato
- Pinch of hing
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables: carrot, beans, peas
- Heat oil. Add jeera, hing and fry onions for a few minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, dalia and continue to fry.
- Now add vegetables carrot, beans, peas and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add salt, water and pressure cook in the same manner as rice.
- Before serving you can add some lime juice and finely chopped coriander leaves.
Please NOTE :
Use sprouted broken wheat to make this dish even more nutritious.