- 1 tablespoon of yellow moong dal
- 1 tablespoon of rice
- 1/4 cup of Lauki cubes
- 1/2 carrot
- Few leaves of palak
- Mix moong dal with white rice. Wash well till milkiness goes away.
- To this add a few small pieces of lauki, palak and carrot. Add about 2 cups of water and give the cooker 4-5 whistles so that the khichdi is completely mashed.
- Now strain this using a juice strainer (just like the one we use for tea, only bigger in size).
- Throw away excess water and make the khichdi of desired consistency.