I came across a recipe show on tv by the name ‘The Chef and his better half‘. They show you how to make dishes from international cuisines. The part I like the most is their desserts section. Most dishes are baked and very attractive looking.
I remember seeing Yummy Orange Pudd about a month ago. It seemed pretty easy to make and looked tasty too. The chef said that he makes this pudding for his wife whenever she feels low. It really helps cheer her up. I thought “wow! I could use a dish like that too!”
Yesterday when I went to the supermarket I found juicy oranges in abundance. The Orange pudd came flashing back to my memory. I picked up a kilo and got cracking. So here is yummy orange pudd for you. I didnt make the orange sauce though I’ll provide you with the recipe. Basically, I couldnt wait to dig into the pudd!
For the pudding
- 30 g butter
- 60 g sugar
- 30 g flour
- orange rind
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 150 ml milk
For the sauce
- 20 g butter
- 20 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- honey (optional)
For the pudding :
- Remove white fiber from the reverse of the orange rind by slicing through a knife horizontally.
- Chop the orange rind into fine pieces.
- Mix pudding ingredients sugar, maida, butter with chopped orange rind.
- Clarify egg (remove egg yolk from white)
- Mix in one yolk into the pudding mix. Beat well.
- Add orange juice and milk. Stir the mix.
- Separately beat an egg white into stiffness (you can make out its done, when you overturn it and it doesnt fall ! )
- Add beaten egg white into it.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 cel for 10 mins.
For the sauce:
- Melt the butter. Fold the sugar in till it dissolves completely (You can add honey like an essence to the sauce).
- Add orange juice and cook till the sauce comes together.