Being a great fan of pizza in any form this one is really special to me. When I dont have a pizza base ready at hand and really want a bite of a cheesy pizza I make these little Toastizzas.
I bought a bottle of Maggie Pizza Sauce a few months ago. It had a recipe booklet inside which suggested many different types of Pizzas. I liked Toastizza the most among them.
- 2 bread slices
- 2 tablespoons of Pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup of chopped mixed veggies (onion, capsicum, mushroom, Fresh corn, Spring onions)
- Grated cheese
- Heat oil. Cook mixed veggies until soft.
- Place bread slice on a greased oven plate.
- Apply Pizza sauce on it. Spread cooked veggies on it and sprinkle with some grated cheese.
- Preheat oven at 180 Deg C. Bake Toastizzas for 3-5 mins, till cheese melts.
- If you dont have Pizza sauce then blanch tomatoes and fry the puree in oil with some salt and pepper till it reduces to a sauce.
- If you want to eat it as a closed sandwich apply butter on a plain slice of bread and bake it along with your toastizza, by the side. Once done, close the toastizza with the grilled bread and enjoy your pizza sandwich.
Please NOTE :
- Check if your Pizza sauce already contains salt. Accordingly add salt to your veggies. The Pizza sauce I used had so much salt in it that I am glad I didnt add any salt at all!
- My Oven provides me a setting in which only the top filament gets heated in the oven. In dishes where the base is already cooked and only the top coat needs to be cooked ( like our toastizzas ) this mode should be used.