Portugese food is becoming increasingly popular in India. In Mumbai there are these restaurants that exclusively serve Portugese delights. I came across this rare kind of salad on a tv show called “Cooking isnt rocket science” where Manju Malhi, a popular chef from Britain, shows us how to whisk up dishes from around the globe with utmost ease. Since we dont have the long grained rice that is used originally in Portugese dishes we can substitute it with Indian Basmati which works just as well.
- 1/2 cup Long grained Basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions
- 5-6 black pepper corns
- 3-4 garlic pods
- Cook the basmati rice with excess water. Drain out and let the rice cool. ( Be careful not to overcook)
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a mixing bowl. Let it rest for a while so that the dressing seeps into the spring onions well.
- Now mix the dressing into the rice.