Finally I made them! Thanks to my sister who baked cookies and inspired me to follow suit. My niece goes to this fun activity center called Hippocampus. Its a place where kids can read, learn and play at the same time. The center conducts cooking classes for kids from time to time – involving them in making simple things like sandwiches, muffins and cookies. Thats where I got this recipe from. I personally love the idea of involving kids in cooking as it encourages them to eat better and also serves as a good distraction for mommy and baby.
When I made these cookies I didnt have chocolate chips so I used broken chocolate bits instead. I searched all over but Bangalore doesnt seem to provide you with chocolate chips that easily. Finally found them at the Nilgiris on Brigade road. I also got many other ingredients from there like chocolate vermicelli, liquid glucose and doughnut baking molds – stuff thats hard to find around here.
- 90 gms flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of soda
- 40 gms butter
- 25 gm Brown Sugar powder
- 2 TBsp Honey / Golden syrup
- 60 gms chocolate chips
- few drops of vanilla essence
- some milk
- Sift dry ingredients
- Add cold butter – mix to make crumb-like mix
- Add sugar , chips, essence and honey syrup.
- Add milk to form soft dough.
- Roll to about 1/4 inch thickness on floured surface
- Bake for 12 – 15 mins in an oven preheated to 180 deg C.