This was our Sunday morning breakfast. I had a lot of time at hand and techni color vegetables to go with it. So I thought , why not make something that fills my stomach and my time? My daughter loves eating capsicums, especially if they are of different colors. Thankfully I managed to reserve some for the dish before she crept up from behind and ate it all raw! I used wheat fusilli that my dear neighbor got me from France. Its of fine quality- its firm, yet tender. Its made of wheat, yet its tasty.
I must say that oven baked butter toasts taste so amazingly different from the ones grilled in a sandwich maker or a tawa. The toasts come out really crunchy, thats what re-baking does to them. Cooks them well till within and makes them taste fresh. Try placing your pasta on one of these toasts for a healthy breakfast.
My baby loves this dish and hence its off to Kids Delight Wholesome Breakfast hosted by Srivalli.
- 2 cups fusilli (wheat)
- 1 cup vegetables – red, yellow and green capsicums, mushrooms and corn
- Olive oil 1 Tablespoon
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the fusilli in hot water till done. Drain and dry out on a plate.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add vegetables and stir fry them.
- Once vegetables are soft add the cooked fusilli.
- Now add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add grated cheese and cover the pasta. Cook on sim for a few minutes till the cheese melts.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with butter toasts.
Oven baked Toasts:
- Spread butter on bread slices and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake them at 175 deg C for about 5 -7 mins.