What wouldnt I do to eat some chocolate? These days I am playing the strict hypocrite, the character who doesnt allow chocolates inside the house as daughter eats too many of them but secretly nurses the dream of eating some herself. I think these chunks are a great substitute for regular chocolates. Whats more? You can even make it on festivals for prasad and the kids will love the new variation to the regular burfis. You can also make this any time you dont have Khoya, condensed milk or any milk at all. You can use the milk powder stored in your refrigerator to quickly make this dessert.
Ok, so these are what I made one day with my time in the morning after a long night. My 2 month old has started giving me sleepless nights. Her typical wide-awake hours are 11 pm – 4.30 pm. Thats when she looks around for companions and finds only a couple of bored people sitting around waiting for her to sleep. I made myself some delicious fudge chunks on which I could binge and get over the tiredness. It worked wonders but only for a short while. Soon I realized that baby had to be taken to the doctor for her vaccination. By the time I was back I was nearly giddy as I hadnt slept peacefully in nearly 48 hours. I couldnt eat food or even move around due to exhaustion. I started wondering what the night had in store for me. I said a prayer and slept around 10.30 pm and Lo! Baby and I woke up at 10.30 am the next morning. With the exception of a mid-night feed we just did not wake up. I was delighted with the one-night rest which saved me from dropping unconscious 🙂
- Milk Powder 1.5 cups
- Cocoa powder 3 Tablespoons
- Brown Sugar 1 cup
- Unsalted Butter 1 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Sieve milk powder and cocoa powder together.
- Grease a tray with butter.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Heat sugar and water till the syrup reaches 1-string consistency.
- Add the butter and stir till it melts. Add the sieved powder mix into this and stir well.
- Cook till the mixture combines and leaves the sides of the pan. Work on low heat so the mixture doesnt burn.
- Transfer into greased tray and allow to cool. Cut out squares and enjoy (Warning: High on Calories!!)
© romasharma.com, 2010