Even looking at this cake can make you put on weight! Its too sinful and chocolatey so I would definitely recommend weight watchers to close this page immediately 🙂
Now for those of you who don’t mind indulging, get ready for this ooey gooey double chocolate cake. It’s loaded with all the unwanted calories and delicious non-nutritional stuff you want to dig into, once in a way. I am sure you can see the pattern between me and chocolates. Yes, I love them and ever since I started trying to shed weight I have been eyeing these beauties from a distance. However, I like to be nice to myself and bake myself my monthly allowance of chocolate in as sinful a way as possible.
So do try this one out sometime and trust me, no matter what you put in it at home it’s better than what you would buy outside. Moreover, its the perfect way to keep kids busy during rainy days (July is full of them).
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup castor sugar (add 1/4 cup more, based on your taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup molten chocolate (semi-sweet)
- Beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in beaten eggs and vanilla essence.
- Sift the dry ingredients – all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt
- add the dry ingredients to the wet ones one tablespoon at a time alternating with milk.
- Add the molten chocolate to the mix and fold in.
- Bake at 180 Deg C for 35-40 minutes.
Please note :
I have used Nutella for the frosting and garnished the cake with chocolate shavings and a chocolate wedge. This step can be done based on exactly how much chocolate you can relish at once.