This is the age when the baby has just started having something other than mother’s milk. It’s important to give things that are light to digest as well as nutritive. Salt has not been recommended in any of these recipes. Before feeding the baby with the suggested dishes please discuss with your doctor.
- 3 teaspoons of raagi powder
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Ghee
To make raagi powder
- Soak raagi overnight. Leave it in a strainer for another 10 hours, allow it to sprout.
- Remove skin and dry it in the sun.
- Roast in ghee and powder it. This powder can now be stored in an air tight container.
- When you need to feed the baby, mix 3 teaspoons of powder in equal quantity of milk and make a paste. Ensure there are no lumps.
- Now heat milk and slowly mix in the raagi paste stirring continuously.
- Add ghee, Stir for a few more minutes till the mixture comes together.
In this recipe, milk is preferred though you can use water too.
Please NOTE :
You can use more raagi powder or milk to alter the consistency of the paste as you like.