Every timeI find baby capsicums in the market I pick them up specially for this dish. If you don’t find baby capsicums you can try slitting medium-sized capsicums into two halves and filling them up. You can also try making this same dish with Big green chillies instead of capsicums.
- 6 baby capsicums
- 1 large potato, boiled
- 3 onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Haldi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mirchi powder
- 1 teaspoon Dhania powder
- 2 tablespoons Besan
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Grate onions. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil, fry onions well.
- When onions turn glossy add haldi powder, mirchi powder, dhania powder, besan and salt. Fry further till onion turns completely brown.
- Mash in the boiled potato, add a pinch of salt and mix well. Set this mixture aside to cool.
- Remove stems of the baby capsicums and shell out the seeds from within.
- Stuff the baby capsicums with previously prepared onion masala.
- Fry the stuffed capsicums in about 2 tablespoons of oil. Once capsicum appears done, turn off the heat and serve hot with rotis.