Here is a commonly available, seemingly harmless bottle used to store water. I have noticed its popularity in my friends and family circle. It has a dispenser made of thin plastic which can become quite brittle over time. This is one point I failed to notice when I bought it.
Yesterday was one such day when I learnt this the hard way. It was around 2 pm. Post-lunch, I reached out for my water bottle and drank some water out of it (directly) and LO! The next thing I know, I have a sharp plastic piece wedged in my throat. For a second, I didnt know how far down it had gone. I tried to bring it out but in vain. Continue reading