Tawa masala (or Bharwa Masala) is an age old dry powder recipe used to stuff Brinjals, ladys fingers, bitter gourds, etc;
The best part is that once this masala is made, you wont need to spend too much time in making your sabzi. Moreover, this powder can be stored for weeks together. Its usually available in all stores but its hard to find something that matches the home-made one.
- 1 tablespoon saunf
- 1/3 teaspoon methi seeds
- 1 teaspoon jeera seeds
- 1 teaspoon dhania seeds
- 1 dried red chilly
- 1/4 teaspoon Haldi powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala (optional)
- Pinch of Hing
- Roast saunf, methi , jeera, dhania, red chilly till you get a crackling sound.
- Powder the roasted masala. To this add haldi powder, hing, Garam masala and salt.
- Mix this powder well and store in an air tight container.
Please NOTE :
- When you want to use this masala in your stuffed vegetables please add some amchur powder to it. We dont add amchur powder to the tawa masala while preparing it because that reduces its shelf life.
- Also, if the stuffed vegetable recipe contains tamarind in it then please skip adding amchur powder.