Being a person who has never tasted an alcoholic drink upto date I always wondered what the cocktails must taste like. One day I ran into a Mocktail counter at a food court and realized that people who dont drink liqueur also have delicious options. I had a Virgin Pinacolada and it was delicious! Since then whenever I got a chance I ordered this drink. The sweetness in the coconut milk perfectly balances the sourness in the pineapple juice. Every milky sip of this tropical fruit drink leaves your taste buds wondering whats tasting so good.
In Spanish, Pina Colada means ‘Strained Pineapple’. In 1978 it was such a popular drink in Puerto Rico that it was declared the National drink of the country. A very interesting summer mocktail indeed.
The best Virgin Pinacolada I ever had was a couple of months ago on our wedding anniversary. We had been to this fancy place called Memories of China. The Colada there was just too perfect. I hoped the glass would never finish. The texture was creamy and temperature of the drink was perfect.
I tried to recreate some of the magic. Lets see if it matches up! This is my entry to the Fun ‘n’ Sun Event hosted by EasyCrafts.
- 1/2 glass of pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- Sugar syrup (as per taste)
- Mix the above ingredients in a glass or shaker.
- Serve chilled with bananas or fruit of your choice.
Please NOTE :
- The temperature of this drink is important. We dont usually add ice to it so use chilled ingredients.
- Serve in a thin, tall glass. I didnt have a thin one so I went with the closest one available.
- Dont use a mixie to blend the drink as the cream could split.